EVERYTHING REMINDS ME OF THIS SERIES.

Go down

EVERYTHING REMINDS ME OF THIS SERIES.

Post  KesselKitty on Tue May 17, 2011 8:42 pm

I guess this will be the "relate every other series to here" thread.

Like Catherine, for example. Is it me, or did the guy in the US trailer look like Tetsu?

Not to mention that the bartender looks like Commander Kahn... Which is really funny for spoileriffic reasons. Agents are... GO-*lazored*
Not to mention the fact that Rin and Sayaka remind me of Naoya and Maki from the first Persona game... (It's Rin's posture for me. I just can't shake the feeling of her arcana being Empress.)
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EVERYTHING REMINDS ME OF THIS SERIES.

Post  Questionguy555 on Tue May 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Okay, wow, right down to the green jacket and white shirt. That's just creepy.
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

View user profile http://eliteosuaddicts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Chalk another one down for Catherine, but it's really more like coincidental advertising.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME, ATLUS??? Then again, I did make that crossover fanfic... XD
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Not related to Catherine, but Zombie Panic in Wonderland sends down a few Ouen memories for me. (plus a few random ones too)

Zombie Panic in Wonderland lets you chose different characters (that are mostly unlocked) but the plot remains the same.

Some of reimagined fairy tale characters do resemble others like...

Momotaro and Makoto (Idolm@ster)

Dorothy also looks like Honoka Kawai as well. (WITH BRAIDS~) Not pictured but Dorothy also likes carrying around a little friend to her job too, Toto the puppy in her case.

Both games do have the character collapse (sort of) in their game over screens...and if one decides to have the right mind and good eye...panty shots can be seen. >_> Also, both plots aren't quite "fleshed out" so lots of character interpretations can be made~ ^_^

plushietoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Woaaaah, the Tetsu look-alike ... blows my mind.

Also, that's a pretty cool find, I've never seen an Ouendan ad in English (though it's a bit Engrishy too lol)

The only thing I have to contribute is this custom hairstyle from some Ragnarok Online private servers

(ugh I like other outfits a lot more than the Gypsy outfit but this one has the best contrast with the hair)
That's its default color, too. It looks similar to Sayaka's in the first game.
Granted, they also have custom hairstyles that look like Tifa, Sephiroth, Sora, and Nanoha, but those definitely look like intentional references.
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Especially funny since Not-Tetsu basically says "marriage would be nice"... and the girl next to him actually looks a bit like Ryoko with glasses. Also reference points for Naoya, Maki and the Stray Sheep bartender... I would be here all day if I tried finding more resemblances in the SMT series to Ouendan.

Irisu Syndrome actually reminds me a bit of Ouendan, too... and it's not just because of Ageha's looks and Irisu being a bunny fanatic. The lifebar drain rate there basically starts going from "Easy mode" to "Believe on Insane".
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Here's a pic of the group who brought us Ouendan when the first game came out:

DOESN'T ONE OF THEM LOOK LIKE SAYAKA!?

Found on this site
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nom/0508/22/index.html
plushietoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 pm

XD, her hair looks just like the one I use for my Sim!Sayaka's ponytail.

Just a little something here: I'm pretty sure it got mentioned in Formspring (and the Aoi is one of my best friends so she mentioned it to me)

In the GBA Rhythm Tengoku, there's a mini-game called "The Bon Odori", where you play as a girl that looks suspiciously like Aoi. Pink hair, pigtails, red glasses, and the most prone to mess up (well, that depends on the player, really. But still...)
Furthermore, the girl on the far left looks like some strange cross between Honoka and Kenshin. Or rather, Honoka wearing a braid. She wears a pink pixelly thing in her hair, which I believe is supposed to be a flower... but it's still pink.

Speaking of Honoka, I literally just came across this
I don't know a thing about this anime (Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo, according to the blog it's from), but... same name! XD
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:57 am

For some reason, the DS Pinky:St games always remind me of this series. Exhibit A:

All of Green Road Meg Road just reminds me of the Asahi team. The cherry trees along the river for one, (Although that may just be a leftover feature of actually being based off of Meguro.) and the girls there had the same floral theme naming as the Asahi squad. (Pictured is Moe, and the other girl in Meg Road is Sumire) Of course, that's probably just a coincidence, considering the game was out a year before Ouendan 2, and the actual dolls came out much earlier.

The sequel, however... just seems too coincidental. I mean, the localized version even has modes called "Hidden" and "Mirror"! Not to mention I made some relatively good cosplays in that game...
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum