Anyone wanna help me out for a bit? o_o

Go down

Anyone wanna help me out for a bit? o_o

Post  orochiwolf on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:32 pm

After this, I probably won't make any topics for a while since I don't know where things usually go, but since I'm talking about "whatever" I thought it'd go here:

I kinda wanted a little feedback of what I have so far for EBA2 Project's last song, Brighter Side from Viewtiful Joe. I made half of the beatmap and I just wanna know if things sound correct or if it looks a bit weird.

mediafire.com ?mthtaobf92d3b43

It's not a virus and clearly not a rickroll so it's safe to download. <------._.------>

I'll probably edit the post later for the finished version or something since I'm not exactly skilled in making beatmaps... -.-

And if it DOES look a bit weird to you, then I'd like to add that you know when, at the end of Ouendan 2 both of the dancers are on screen at the same time? Well I thought it would be cool if, at some points in the song, I would put most of the beats on one side of the screen so the dancer on the right or left can do a solo or something cool like that......it's just an idea... =^._.^= And, during that, I thought it'd somehow make a subtle transition where the other dancer could do it next......get what I'm saying?

I also wanted the difficulty to be as hard or harder than SSAY in Ouendan 2. I also wanted to make little designs with the beatmap such as the pentagon I tried to make (which was originally a star, but it felt waaay to hard for me to hit the beats on time with that.)

Last edited by orochiwolf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
orochiwolf

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/EliteBeatAgents2/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone wanna help me out for a bit? o_o

Post  Taru Rui on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 pm

I'd definitely check it out, but I still have to figure out my universal offset -- it's been off ever since I presented a beatmap to the online community and the one guy that checked it out (remember him being a regular, dunno if he is anymore) told me my BPM was all wrong and one thing led to another, I thought my universal offset was wrong... but it wasn't and now I haven't been able to fix it ever since. ^^; But definitely will give it a download.
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:28 am

It's a video, not the actual beatmap to play.......I should probably put the actual beatmap, then... o_o

EDIT: IT'S NOW THE ACTUAL BEATMAP TO PLAY IN OSU! IT'S NOT A VIDEO ANYMORE
orochiwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Hahahhah I was so confused when I tried to download it and it was an MPG file... maybe you should put both up in case we're not all Osu! players, though!
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:00 pm

That's the reason why I put it in MPG in the first place... >_>
orochiwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Well, you could've left the video up too... ^^;

Anyway, I ran through it... well, no, I failed in like the first few beats .-.; so I set it on auto, watched that twice, and ran it again with No Fail on... orz;;; And then opened it up in edit mode!

Now, excuse my terminology, I haven't been with the Osu! scene in a very long time.

As far as Osu! beatmaps go, it looks pretty good! I'm sure if I were better at Osu! (or knew how to play mouse effectively) I would enjoy it more. There was one phrase -- the second one in the first chorus -- where the visible spacing between 1 and 2 seemed a bit awkward to me. Maybe move 2 up a bit, and you can rearrange accordingly. I think your rhythm-to-spacing might be a tad inconsistent, the last phrase of the first verse was a bit spaced out compared to arrangements of similar rhythm. Though, I think it's acceptable to do that on purpose. RSG was very guilty of weird spacing. The pentagon and the two beats leading into it though are a bit strange -- I dunno, I find the jumps in the pentagon really difficult to make... like, REALLY difficult, they're quite large for the speed you have to do them in. And the two beats before it just seem... funny. Try having your Beat Snap at 1/8, move that pink beat (5) back one tick, seemed to sound better when I did that. There are a few other bits in the second verse that also seem off by the same amount. But I suggest you also run it through someone who knows what they're talking about, namely Osu!'s beatmapping community.

But, uh, compared to RSG/JJF/SSAY, it's quite a jump up in difficulty. Like, huge. I don't know if you could S-Rank this on a DS. Just the rate at which you have to hit these and sometimes the space between beats makes it really difficult -- far and beyond the level of difficulty of SSAY. I'd probably throw in some sliders instead of some of these streams of 5+ 16ths (umm... not sure if they're 16ths, really, it's a guess... *musically illiterate*), and probably not the kind that are so short and boomerangy that your mouse just sits on it. I'm pretty sure iNIS primarily used 16ths in pairs, or if they had 3 or more at a time, you had sufficient time before and/or after that sequence, whether it was a rest or a medium length slider...
The chorus, for the most part, looks really great! But as a successor to the DS games, the difficulty is too high when you have only one 'button' to press for each beat. Great as an Osu! map though.

...You still might want to get someone who's an experienced beatmapper on it, though. Hope I helped even a little. ^^;
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Wow, this was sort of the feedback I expected! ^_^

And I haven't even S-ranked it yet.....I always miss on the pentagon, so I'll either make the beats closer together or remove it completely. And, yes, my rhythm-to-spacing is quite bad.....maybe I should turn on the auto setting for it?

I always set my timing thingy to 1/8 beats. But, looking at the beatmap with the auto mod, it seems that it would be really, REALLY tiring on the DS. All the beats seem as fast as the end of Countdown from Ouendan 2.

And I probably should check with osu!'s BAT.....but it's a bit daunting... >.< But there was one person who asked if I needed any help with the beatmaps for this series so I'll check with that person...

Anyway, Tara Rui, thanks for all your feedback! (and about the beats before the pentagon....you mean move both of them back one tick or just the very last one? o_o)
orochiwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm glad you could get something out of my mess of words! XD

Yes, that bit at the end of Countdown sounds like a good comparison. But, it is an Osu! map after all, won't be seen on the DS. I imagine people who play Osu! with a tablet like I do are diminishing; it's probably a lot easier to hit 16ths with the mouse+keyboard. The pentagon still looks very difficult though.

Behonkiss's Hard (I'm guessing you built your map off that) is a lot easier for me. Though it also seems off, so... on that last thing about the beats before the pentagon, I meant just the single last beat, but I could be wrong and my universal offset may not be right yet. You definitely need a second opinion, lol.

Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Yeah......Behonkiss's Hard, in my opinion, was pretty bad...... I wanted nothing to do with it so I started from scratch. ^_^

Well, there's a newer, longer version for download up there...... it appears that it had 5 breakpoints (so did Behonkiss's Hard) instead of 4 and I think that was a bit too much, so instead of uploading it right away, I tweaked it just a bit to have 4 breakpoints! And the pentagon is much smaller (I can hit them all 60% of the time with all 300's ^_^)

And about the tablet thing......are you tapping directly on your screen? I'm not sure if it's like that but it sounds freakin' awesome to play like that... O_O
orochiwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:37 am

Nah, I don't have one of those special awesome tablet computers -- I'm just using an ordinary (and OLDDDD) Wacom Graphire3, more like a mouse-pen. So it's not quite the same experience as a DS, but it's similar.

Ran through the new one!
I wish I could record a decent quality video of my playthrough so I can annotate some of the specific points that I'd like to comment on. I'll have to type it out instead. Keep in mind, as far as osu! players go, I'm probably not very good. I usually find Insane-rated maps almost unplayable.

1st verse: There's a particular sequence, where a green string goes to a blue string (it's just after the red-v formation which I also have difficulty hitting 100%) -- that part is probably alright as is. (It's still odd spacing, but it's more like the gap is too small for the timing than the gap is too big. I can almost always all 300 that particular segment. That ) I can't get the last string that goes across the screen before the break.

1st Chorus: Seems fine the way it is. I only feel a bit off about the red stream of 7 beats that makes a hook shape. But for osu! standards it's quite alright.

2nd verse: Actually, the jump from one side of the screen to the other right before the pentagon isn't that bad, the pentagon is still really hard for me to not miss on, though. It feels a bit like something's missing between those two beats directly before the pentagon, but I really have no idea where the beat(s) should go.
The phrase that begins "You're not alone..." (it's pink) seems a tad bit off in timing somehow, I would try moving the 5th beat back two ticks so that it's got the same rhythm as the previous two pairs. (That would put six ticks between beat 4 and beat 5. I think that matches the timing though.)

2nd chorus: see first chorus.

3rd verse: I'd put those first two beats back a tick. For the first green string, the time between 1, 2, and 3 are all the same, but the spacing isn't. Also, it might make more sense if you switch the positions of beat 1 and 2 on the last string you have.

Hm, actually, if you want, I could make edits myself and send them back to you so you don't have to rely on my awkward descriptions to figure out what I'm thinking xD. But only if you say it's alright, I don't want to tamper without permission. (And I would definitely save it as a separate map.)
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilenceAintAVirtue...bub on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:04 am

Gonna download it and see how it goes. I'm new to osu!...

SilenceAintAVirtue...bub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:33 pm

New to osu!, huh? Well, the beatmap doesn't have any easier difficulties.....so it WILL be quite challenging. When I started playing osu!, I just downloaded my favorite EBA maps and practiced! :3
orochiwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum