Formspring RP Thread!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Formspring RP Thread!

Post  KesselKitty on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Because there has been a bit of discussion about it, I decided to start up this thread. A separate board for this could be done, but... I still have no idea where that admin panel is orz

On the plus side, I'm certain almost all the FSers are on this forum, so that's good! This'll basically be the area for all discussion about Formspring, whether it be in-character or out of-character issues. Also, list of my characters in spoiler text! (In case people didn't know)

Spoiler:
Reika, Kahn, Quote, Curly, Irisu, Ageha, Edogawa, Taichi. I am aware that 3/4 of them aren't related to Ouendan/EBA at all.
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formspring RP Thread!

Post  Taru Rui on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Hurray!

It's nice as a singular thread for subscription purposes, but if you really want to make a board I have no protests. XD

Also my characters: Shinta, Sugita, Foxx

Last edited by Taru Rui on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : despoiler'd)
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Gah! My computer can't open up those spoiler thingies! I'm left in the dark! T_T
orochiwolf

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/EliteBeatAgents2/

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Well, the whole world doesn't need to know who we are role playing as. ;P ...unless they want to.

A single thread is easier to keep track of...but I'm fine with a board for that stuff too.

I guess I'll list my characters too. XD Spoiler style!
Spoiler:
Rho, Trisil, Pajama Sam, Honoka, Momo, and Red.
plushietoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2YmjqHfpVR55nWBncAqNVAljR on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:42 pm

7q9kzEcaLMmrLWnrbbToKKgTs

Last edited by 2YmjqHfpVR55nWBncAqNVAljR on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

2YmjqHfpVR55nWBncAqNVAljR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Hm...well, anyone's welcome to join the FS fun...unfortunately I think at this point most of the (Ouendan/EBA) characters have been taken. ._.;

However, you are free to bring in characters of other fandoms as we have Cave Story, Zombie Panic in Wonderland, and a few more thrown into the mix. :3

...oh here's two issues I'd like to address:

One when a character is performing a song...does the singer's voice in the clip have to match the "supposed" voice of the character.

And what will happen if someone gets suddenly too ill to role play?
plushietoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 pm

My two cents on those questions:

1. I don't really think so... But I guess it just makes more sense to have the thing same-gender at least. :3

2. Well, I suppose if we know in advance, then you or someone else can kinda explain the absence. Of course, we'd fully understand if you couldn't tell us or anything. Things do happen, right? So long as there isn't much attention paid to the absence, things will go along as normal.
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:05 pm

TL;DR version:
*I have no issue with duplicate characters, also Morris and Derek
*Songs don't have to match character, but matching is nice
*This is the (a?) place to announce your going-aways!

Taru talks a lot version
:

On remaining characters: I don't know how everyone feels about this -- I'm rather indifferent myself to the idea, but -- it's not uncommon for duplicates to appear on Formspring. Funny thing, our Hayato also plays a Dean Winchester... who's been yelled at spoken to by another Dean Winchester (who I don't know). Sadly, Formspring lost their posts at one point (both Deans, and no one else that I know of!)... which I'm sure is just a hilarious coincidence and maybe a testament as to the idea that alternate versions of a character shouldn't meet hahah.

And then there's your truly AU characters, who haven't just had a different story to bring them to the point they are today in the cheering business, but may have had a different story entirely and ended up in a completely different situation, like... one of my AU Shintas is a freelance artist. It's kinda stretching it, but, well, options...

if we do end up going down this route we should probably limit it. But if you've heard of a Dressing Room roleplay (really common on Livejournal), that's kinda what it would probably be like.

...But I digress, there's also Morris and Derek who need some love and have yet to be seen.

Singing: I don't think it should, because usually a person can sing whatever they want to sing. But, if I'm hearing a song for the first time, I have to admit, it's kinda hard to imagine it sung by a different voice because I've never heard the song before! And I've never heard some characters' voices before (or they're not voiced to begin with). But honestly, you're free to do whatever you want.

Hiatus/Quitting/Other?: That's the biggest reason I wanted something like this thread ^^; If you're going away for a while or something, that's where you let us know! Well, if you can't/don't let us know, it's not the end of the world, either. We've gone for periods of time where we haven't seen certain characters. Or if you're quitting, you could pass off that character to someone else! (Which has already happened!)

...whew!
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SUP, MAH PEEPS.

Post  EspiratheAwesome on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm glad we have a forum dedicated to Formspring!

For those of you not in the know, I RP Kaoru, Rin, Suzuki, the bear, and Ryuuta.

Two Asahi, two Yuuhi, one animal. <3

This is a good idea, I would hate for anyone to go OOC during a discussion.

We should also use this forum piece if we were to ever make any BIG RP sessions, like the people going to New York a while ago.

EspiratheAwesome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Hm...well I guess regardin' the duplicate character issue, just don't let it out of control...just a few might be okay. :3

I've seen duplicate characters in action with the My Little Pony FS group (I don't have a character there...Rho just interacted with them for a bit). It can be somewhat amusing to watch a character talk to another version of themselves.

But...well, that community is quite...random. (and can be quite mean ;_; ) They keep things fresh by having anons cast magic spells I mean hammers on the characters and that can have random effects...turn into a baby, gender change, there's a lot!

We don't need to do that...right? ^^;

Should we post how our characters sound like here...oh wait there's those Ouendan voice vids...although...it might help for the nonOuendan characters...

Anyways, Kitty and I kinda discussed an idea of having the characters have a movie night...but we're not sure how that could work out...how would the movies be presented on FS?

By the way, I tend to get sick randomly so, um, excuse my characters' random absences.
plushietoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:16 pm

plushietoon wrote:We don't need to do that...right? ^^;

Wait, you mean... the spells or the duplicates? all this talk about duplicates makes me think of Roswell Cuz I think the spells would be great once we've run out of ideas. 'Hammers'... ahah, reminds me of Okami. "Ready to get hammered?"

And yes, on duplicates we really should limit them; a lot of us seem to have a ton of characters as it is, so I imagine it will get very hard to maintain. I mean, no one is really stopping anyone, I have no problem if I see a new Shinta saying hi to the gang. It might be a problem to see 5 new Shintas though. Common sense, really.

To be honest, I'm not sure how you'd present the movie night either. I mean, I guess whoever knows the movie that's being shown can kind of guide it along, but for others, it's hard to react to something you haven't seen. (Hooray ignorance!) Actually, I don't think I've actually directed an RP character to go see a real movie. You guys could just make up the movie as it goes. Like bust out some Final Destination Guts and Violence 5 what's it called. Er, I know the characters that would watch that is a very select group of characters... but you get my point, right?

And, though this might be overkill, should we make a joint OOC account that everyone can watch and access for announcements or something? I know a lot of us are here on EOA, but not all. Some people don't get on here very often either. I've yet to figure out how in the world things would work, though. As much as it would be nice for more people to join up, it is ultimately their choice to do so. I dunno ;;;;; I mean if it's not a good idea, we should think of some other way everyone can stay in contact. That, or we'll just have to go word-of-mouth.
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:47 pm

I was kinda talking about the spells...

Spells might shake things up...if and I mean IF we were going to use them...how would it be justified...unless we do have mysterious anons with magical powers...

The ponies do have magical properties...then again, we're talking OUENDAN/EBA here. XD Anything can happen. (I guess if ponies can do it, so can the Ouendan?)

Yeah, in speaking of the ponies...I've seen a bit too many duplicates of the same character...although some of those duplicates are like the evil version of them.

The make up the movie as we go sounds like a good idea. :3 Posting what happens though...the anons? Of course posting up the significant events idea would also work for real movies too...I think.

Well I kinda had an idea of Red/Honoka showing off an episode or two of My Little Pony since the full episodes are on YouTube and giving the link via announcement XDD It wouldn't really work now that I think of it...different reactions to different scenes~

Uh just to clarify, the OOC joint account is one account for EVERYONE on FormSpring, right?
plushietoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Yeah, I thought y'know, it wouldn't be ridiculous to have a strange anon wizard (I mean we have lots of different anons, like Reika-worshipping anon, jealous TanaKiku-shipping-anon...)... after all, we already have crashed a few universes together XD

EDIT: I totally posted this and forgot to even finish.

Yeah, the OOC account would be one single account with a simple password that anyone would remember.

Last edited by Taru Rui on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Well, one of the fandoms already has a canon witch. She even Balrogified Momo for a while.
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:58 pm

"It's a small world after~"

Sorry couldn't resist. :3

How could I forget about that incident? XDD (well I'm pretty sure Momo would remember that more...clearly than I can)

Well if we're going to let those magic anons come into our game...I kinda hope that something like a youth spell would occur, because I love~ baby/kid forms. X3 (although...those MLP FS people have icons ready for when stuff like that happen...) ...genderbend is probably more likely...

Hm...well that might be a good idea...but I'm quite forgetful...and I kinda am fine with using this board for notices...but well if it helps, I'll try to participate in using that account.
plushietoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:27 pm

A youth spell does sound interesting! And we could even do y'know, different ages! I'm sure some of these characters were hilariously bratty teens XD. Or even age-up... adult Momo?!

You don't have to maintain it, we could have it so that all the characters can watch the account (or even just the account watches everyone), and if someone needs to announce something, we can either send it from one of our characters to the account, or they can actually just log right on and send it to everyone... just, don't answer. ...How and which, well, we'll have to figure that out.
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Well, um, after some talks with others...well we could kinda do the age spell...and perhaps other spells too...but one thing for sure...IF we do it...let's keep it at a minimum. ;P Oh and ask for volunteers...like we volunteer our characters without telling them. :3

Ooh here's an idea floating around "in character chat sessions"...exactly what is says on the tin! We use the IRC on this board...use a character as our nickname and talk as if we were that character...kinda like an RP...without having to type that character's name over and over and over again.

Apparently a board might be a good idea for keeping track of our OOC FS stuff...but then again...not everyone uses the boards. ^^;
plushietoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Okay! Hopefully we can work something out! Minimal is good, it's never good to overdo anything haha;

The only problem with the IRC is that we'll be confined to a single character the whole time, though ^^;
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 pm

We don't have to... /nick abuse is welcome!
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Well, uh... Questionguy advised against just that when he told me that command (when I got couldn't log into IRC as my name cuz it thought I was still logged in) ^^;
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Questionguy555 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:39 pm

As long as it's for RP purposes, frequent use of /nick is perfectly fine. Also, KesselKitty is basically a co-owner of the site, so if she says something's fine, it's fine.
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

View user profile http://eliteosuaddicts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Ah, okay! Thanks for clearing that up ^^
Taru Rui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex64 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:08 am

OHAI. This sounds pretty interesting... I'd be happy to take Derek. Alternatively, I could just use an OC.

EDIT: OK, I'm in as BA3Derek.

Alex64

View user profile http://gpxplus.net/user/Alex64

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:13 am

Awesome. In other news, I have created this to catalogue our insanity. Everyone else is free to add relevant items.
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex64 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Awesomesauce.

Alex64

View user profile http://gpxplus.net/user/Alex64

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content