Elite Osu Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Personality Influences

4 posters

Go down

Character Personality Influences Empty Character Personality Influences

Post  plushietoon Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Talk about where you got the ideas of how your (FS) characters act and say! It's totally fine to comment on your friends' muses too.

Up to three characters per post! ^^

Honoka Kawai
In the intros to the cheers, I perceived Honoka as a sweet and kind person who may be a bit shy. How she treats that bunny she carries with her at all times gave me the idea of that bunny being her treasured childhood toy (who may be alive thanks to that OTO LP XD). In speaking of that LP, it also gave me idea of her being good at baking. I threw in the love of animals, particularly rabbits, due to her plushie too. The skills of sewing and collecting plushies also stemmed from that bunny. (wow...one rabbit says a lot?) In a way, she's like Fluttershy. minus being scary when ticked off Oh and Music Hour shows that she's a fan of JIN2.

Momotaro
As Momo tends to talk quite often about helping his friends, I could sense a bit of loyalty in him. It's also quite notable he was able to slice though a steel cage full of dwarves so I implied that he was skilled in swordplay like most Momotaros. Now the calling almost everyone with "-sama" came from one of the other Momotaro videos with him being respectful. Unfortunately I got the crazy idea of having him as receiving the short end of the stick since he's the only playable guy. I saw him as a bit of the shy type since apparently he never met any of the characters except for the dwarves. Timid side came from observing that one hit from the monsters brings him down (blame Canimals for that muse) and a nice number of times he's the one with the most reaction when it comes to zombies. A friend of mines noted that Momo looked like a girl...and that's where we get the idea of him (being forced) in dresses. In my opinion, he has a cute face, especially when happy. :3
plushietoon
plushietoon

Back to top Go down

Character Personality Influences Empty Re: Character Personality Influences

Post  KesselKitty Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:35 am

Mine are mainly inspired by preexisting fanon and stuff, but there are some things that stick out in my brain when it comes to influences. Persona comes up quite a bit mainly because I was pretty into it when I began RPing.

Reika Minazuki
The ramen thing is most certainly from canon, albeit in an exaggerated form. I was probably really into P3P when I made her, so she mainly took her cues from Mitsuru's formal manner, and maybe her fondness of cute things too. The FeMC definitely influenced her weapon of choice being the nagitana, though. And she acts somewhat timid because I sorta pigeonholed her into Shy Blue-Haired Girl on the TVTropes article for Ouendan. XD LP influences... the inability to drive anything. And her drunken self was subconsciously influenced by Minayo of........ Ummmm....... My Balls, except she didn't go quite as far. And she's less discriminate X3

I can definitely say that he was pretty influenced by Aigis when it came to having some difficulty understanding things early on. He still won't accept death that easily, though. I wanted to make him relatively cheerful because I heard a post somewhere complaining that most of the fics they've seen with Quote had him super-angsty, and I kinda agreed with it. He and Curly always refer to people by first name to make them sound sort of detached, like Kyuubey from Madoka. He's pretty fight-happy because.... Well, he's a soldier. And I always considered him really aware (and proud!) that he was from a game, due to Cave Story's general popularity, and that fact that they were, possibly still are, the mascots of indie gaming. Other things like ditziness and general understanding of crossovers are basically from me.

Takeru Edogawa "Edo"
Yeah, this is a weird guy to be putting on here, considering how I barely ever play as him, but he has the least pre-existing character out of the Irisu Syndrome cast, so he has a lot of influences. I may have been thinking of America from Hetalia when I thought of how he would act, probably because his hair was light and he played a lot of sports. It's why football is his favourite. The profiles also said he was really civil-minded, which I read as "really likes to help others". That's why he likes to help people out when he does come on. The reason why he doesn't come on often? He forgets the password. Irisu and Uuji do like to refer to him as an idiot, so he has a lot of ditzy moments, and has a really hard time reading the atmosphere sometimes. I was mainly helped by a certain internet friend of mine in how he acted. ;P
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Walls of text everywhere! I love it. Forgive me if I go overboard? :'D

Shinta Kikuchi is someone I've been playing for a long time. But, my characters turn out different in every individual roleplay, which is always interesting. FS Shinta, at the veeeeeeery core is cute, youthful, and ... uh, relatively innocent. But my characters and I tend to be very malleable, and I guess the general silliness of the other FS characters as well as my lack of a deadpan snarker character (I play a Kyon, and a Ryuta in another RP has deadpan snarker qualities) seems to have turned Shinta into the "sane man". (Not that I think everyone else is insane! Only some of them ;D) I liked Charlett's Shinta, who was all like "I am a man :I", so I think that's been an influence on him and his perception of his own prettiness. I try to be logical; I've clocked him around the age of your average college student, probably fresh into his 20s, so I'm not going to play him like he's completely unfamiliar with drugs and sexuality and such. Granted, he's still kinda shy and ridiculously respectful, because he tries very hard to be a 'proper Japanese man'. And from that stemmed the whole 'my dad is a black sheep because he married a sukeban so I have to redeem him' mentality (which is funny, because I'm pretty sure Taichi called Shinta a sukeban once). That's also why he doesn't talk much about his feelings, because he feels like he's being imposing if it's something heavy. Hypocritically, he tries to coerce others into getting their troubles off their chest. I think a bit of Colette Brunel has slipped into my Shinta, haha (she's one of my favorite Symphonia characters). The dynamic with Hayato is interesting, because Shinta doesn't act like that to anyone else, except maybe a slight bit to Hajime. I guess it makes sense, the closer you are with someone, the more open you'll be, and more willing to pick on them knowing they won't be upset about it in return. It's more prevalent with Hayato cuz, well... they live with each other. They (implicitly) hang out. Hayato's player has told me that he will one day take Shinta drinking and hilarity will ensue.
Oh, and Shinta's orientation? I will tell you, he is uninterested in men. It just stems from the fact that Ouendan fandom tends to be pro-slash, and I am a hipster like to change it up a bit. (By the way, I'm not anti-slash. I'm open to everything, but I like having balance and diversity. and maybe a little unrequited love hehe but i swear i'm a nice person)

Kenshin Sugita's character... I'm not sure where it came from, but I think I established it early on roleplaying it way back when. I'm just making this connection now, but the whole shut-eye look is kinda kitsune-like, so though I didn't realize it before, I guess I made that connection between his eyes and impishness. He is very close, very close to Moriyama since they're childhood friends, which comes from the official bios. They were ambiguously-oriented life partners, but Moriyama's said that he's asexual so I guess it's not so ambiguous anymore, hahah. The idea of Sugita maintaining the ship's inner workings is derived from that one in-game pic of the Asahi squad where he was steering the boat and the whole impish thing -- I always imagined Sugita's pranks (as a kid) to be of Rube Goldberg Machine-complexity, so he ended up being mechanically inclined.

Foxx I don't play often, but when I do I just play her as serious. (Does she even use exclamation points? I guess that's more of a stoic thing, though) Not to the extent of Moriyama or Chieftain, but well, she quietly enjoys working (in both dancing and electronics). I draw a lot more of her character from fanon since I haven't played her regularly, nor have I played her in years. But she's more of an amicable-serious, because I like balance so much. Because I use the 'techie genius' portrayal of her, I like to play her as very logical, and I kinda get into that computer programming mindset when I write as her haha. Like, seriously, I think she answered a question about luck by referring to probabilities and using mathematical proof language.
Also, Lady Gaga's Poker Face came out, I literally went "It's Foxx!" ...So now Foxx is very aware of it haha. Since Gaga's looks change so much, and none of her outfits are practical in the least, Foxx does not like being compared to her. XD

sorry i write so much wah
Taru Rui
Taru Rui

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:25 am

(Wai~ There has been some good entries added here~ But there needs to be moar!...if you don't mind adding more that is...)

Little Red Riding Hood
Now Red was a particularly interesting case. The only reference I had a her. A picture, that's it. I can't count her in game appearance since it's kiiiiinda a reskin of Dorothy. But I tried to extract from that artwork. Her pose seemed to shout confident! Perhaps tomboyish! Since I was quite obsessed with Idolm@ster at the time, I ended up modeling her a bit after Ai Hidaka, one of Ryo Akizuki's fellow idols. How so? Well she ended up being a bit...abusive towards Momo similar to how Ai tends to be violent with Ryo, but in both cases, they still care very much for their pals. How weird it was she was kiiiiiinda in love in Momo prior to my full conception of her. So she's a genki girl. :3 The tomboyish side came from on how casual her outfit was compared to the other girls. She ended up falling under the "person who cares a lot about plushies" category since she has that wolf plush. Red happens to be mischievous, again taking from her pic and also a bit from Ami and Mami from Idolm@ster. Who knew a single pic could kinda give off a lot to say...at least to one person. o3o
plushietoon
plushietoon

Back to top Go down

Post  MelaKenzu Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:37 am

Uwaaa, I feel so late doing this, but Kitty showed me, and I wanna contribute! Only doing my Ouendan characters because they're just at the forefront of my mind when I'm here, haha.

Sayaka
I got most of my inspiration for her from the game. The rest of her personality…sorta made itself as time went by. She looks really cheerful, like a go getter; which meant she has to take a lot of pleasure in helping people and likes to be happy herself. Her outfit…or rather, the Yuuhi cheergirls uniform told me she must be very comfortable with her body (else she’d be blushing the whole time or something). The gamer aspect of her came mostly from the fact that they’re usually surrounded by the other guys, so I think she’d have some boyish qualities herself…
…Leading into her playing eroge. She’s a pretty sexual character under her willingness to do, and be good (by society’s standards, anyway). It’s an internal conflict she’s never quite settled. As for her nerdy nature, she had an intelligent glint in her eye, but being a “genki girl,” I couldn’t see her sitting still long enough to retain information if there was anything better to do. Hence bullied past, which unfortunately made her surprisingly insecure. Sayaka in a nutshell.

Kai
The game told me, “He’s a MAN"! So what I developed was he prides himself on his masculinity, and is unwilling to do anything that will perceive him as soft or feminine. That includes being overly friendly, which can be a pain when you really like a lot of people. Only a tad Kai’s personality came from me: There’s a necessity to need to know how to cook, sew, and several other things in life, especially when you’re in charge of a lot of people, but being perceived as maternal automatically for it can be damned annoying.
I built up his past a while ago, and it’s really made him. However he’s incredibly private, so a lot of his actions will seem like a mystery. His father is a train-a-holic traditional and pushed most of his values on his son, since Kai’s naturally more like his mother, who left with an American man. Her leaving, and seeing the affect it had on his father gave him a strong sense of unwavering loyalty which may be one of the few things he feels strongly for enough not to be subtle about it. Unity. Kai in a nutshell.

Haha, I felt like I ended both of these on slightly sad notes ^ ^; But whateves.

MelaKenzu
MelaKenzu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum