Elite Osu Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Simple What If...

2 posters

Go down

A Simple What If... Empty A Simple What If...

Post  KesselKitty Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:22 pm

What if iNiS decided to go with one of the original concepts for the Agents? You know, the one where they were based on the Village People. How would that have been like? How the heck would they have done the Divas? Would our tears still flow like a river during Level 12?
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

A Simple What If... Empty Re: A Simple What If...

Post  Questionguy555 Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:31 pm

The game would certainly lose a bit of its appeal, that's for sure. You can't put feeling, storyline, or backstory in a band. With EBA and Ouendan, you can relate them to real people doing whatever they can to help. With the Village People, the link between real life and the game disappear, because whenever you look at it, you just see a game about a sleazy band.

Now that I think of it, numerous EBA YMCA gameplay videos have been removed in a few days after upload. Revenge?
Questionguy555
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

https://eliteosuaddicts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Hmm... From what I remember, I think they were only referring to how the Agents would have a sort of character archetype similar to those of the Village People. They would still be original characters in their own right (And in fact, Kahn reportedly still has a little bit of Village People in him,) although I would probably be more averse to a game titled "The Disco Rangers". And they wouldn't just be based on the Village People either. Remember that their first inspiration was Ghostbusters, and EBA already has a high amount of western references as it stands.

Still, I have to admit it wouldn't be the easiest premise to swallow. Then again, Gitaroo Man was still scored pretty favourably, so...
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum