Elite Osu Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total list of cameos?

5 posters

Go down

Total list of cameos? Empty Total list of cameos?

Post  KesselKitty Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:21 pm

I was just thinking about how there are so many recurring characters in the games that nobody has ever bothered to make a complete list of them, so why don't we see how many we can find? From the top of my head:

Ouendan 1:
Melody: Tsuyoshi Hanada's mom and the girls from Kiyotatsu appear to help Shin.
Thrill: Shizuyama's vase is broken.
Linda Linda: Blonde Kiyotatsu girl pre-appears again, along with the Announcer.
Taisetsu na Mono: Dan and Joe pre-appear.
One Night Carnival: Blonde Kiyotatsu girl and Hanada's mom. Ichiro's pre-appearance.
Over The Distance: Tan Yao, moment killer extraordinaire.
Ready Steady Go: Takuya is born shortly before. Everybody else doesn't count.

Elite Beat Agents:
Makes No Difference: Junior appears as "generic Marty Stu."
Let's Dance: Dan and Joe arrest Colonel Bob. Maybe he ended up digging to Tokyo?
Sk8er Boi: Tsuyoshi Hanada? Maybe?
Canned Heat: Sam appears in the Bad Ending.
The announcer appears in some multiplayer stages. This makes me speculate that the Ouendan characters are actually part of some sort of "Star System," explaining their bilingual ability. That, or all the certainly recurring characters mentioned have English names for a reason.

Ouendan 2:
Zenryoku Shounen: What appear to be a grown-up Wakana and someone wearing the Kiyotatsu uniform appear in the background.
BANG! BANG! Vacance!: Junior reprises his role as "generic Marty Stu" to satisfy a middle-aged author.
Julia ni Shoushin: On Insane, Sayaka is reading a magazine with Ageha, a multiplayer character, on it.
Believe: The cutscene right before this level on Hard has Kaoru pick up the bear from "Go My Way." Of course, all of you should remember this.
Glamorous Sky: The Bad Ending. Tan Yao. You know where this is going.
Go My Way: Kaede's first guest just happens to be Shizuyama-sensei.
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Total list of cameos? Empty Re: Total list of cameos?

Post  Questionguy555 Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Um, I don't think Junior or the announcer guy counts as cameos, because they're more like regulars, but yeah.

Just from the top of your head? I only remember one. In Bang Bang Vacances, Rin's magazine has a cover picture of Sayaka with orange hair. The title was called pon-pon, which is actually a distress signal. Honoka and Reika seem to be very interested by the magazine. They weren't even reading the ones in their hand, and that actually means a lot, considering Honoka was reading a magazine about bunny dolls.

Last edited by Questionguy555 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Questionguy555
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

https://eliteosuaddicts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Well, I know Dan and Joe are in the second game, I just forget where. And I guess the guys you mentioned and those two would count as regulars, so I guess a more accurate term for the thread would be "recurring characters." As for the magazine, I'm just curious as to why Rin is reading a magazine with Sayaka in it in the first place. That, and I'm more shocked at Reika turning down a chance to read about ramen.
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Questionguy555 Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey, look, a Cameo Topic in GameFAQs! Copy/paste away!
First page of the Elite Beat Agents topic:
In Sk8er Boi during the subway section, get a 50 or a miss and look at the top screen. You'll see the girl from Believe and her boyfriend.
Tex is one of the 3 people begging for the water if you pass the first part of "let's dance"
If you fail the third section of Let's Dance, you get arrested by Joe and Dan (And answering your question, Dan and Joe might be visiting America, which makes sense when you consider that they were born there.)
If you pass the first section of Let's Dance, the Carrington sisters are swimming in a pool, but at the bottom of the screen.
In Highway Star, if you pass one of the stages, the Carrington sisters appear in a car.
In Sk8er Boi when Jack drops the woman off at the hospital, he pulls up next to Bill and his Coach.
The boy who compliments on how David's mom is pretty at the end of September and his mom are from WTM.
First page of the Ouendan topic:
None. To be fair, the board's only five pages long.
The first page of the Ouendan 2 topic:
the meowzilla from EBA made was in Zoku in ouendan2
if you look closely at the book the girl in the song about the werewolf was holding you can see that the person was Hulk
...That's it? Oh well, there's a 15 page EBA cameo page.
Questionguy555
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:20 pm

In the opening of "Material Girl," Colonel Bob gives the Carringtons a diamond.
Also, Monkey-kun cheers on Gorou's shoulder during SSA.

That's all I can get for today. Maybe I'll try replaying some levels tomorrow and see what I get.

Edit: More cameos. In OTO 1, I forgot that Sugiyama and Hanada were in "Linda Linda". Hanada's mom is in "Taisetsu na Mono", and Ichiro's daughter is wearing the Kiyotatsu uniform in "Taiyou ga Moeteiru," thus proving that there are no high school boys in Ouendan.

In EBA, Max is in "Rock This Town," along with Sam if you fail the part he's in.

OTO 2 has Takuya's dream version of Ebi-yama in "Bambina."
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Akai Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:26 pm

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I think the policeman also quickly warn everyone about the Sun in Ouendan 2.
Akai
Akai
Leader (Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:35 pm

So that's where Dan and Joe were in Ouendan 2...

It may be a bit of a long stretch, but it looks like Sugiyama and Sachiko appear in the background of "Monkey Magic". And in EBA, Alden and his mom are in the first part of "Highway Star".
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  SilenceAintAVirtue...bub Wed May 04, 2011 11:10 pm

KesselKitty wrote:And in EBA, Alden and his mom are in the first part of "Highway Star".

Um, I think you mean second part.

SilenceAintAVirtue...bub

Back to top Go down

Post  SilenceAintAVirtue...bub Sat May 14, 2011 7:16 am

Oh yeah! Leo appears in "The Renaissance Kitchen" in VS. And Chris Silverscreen, his boss and the actress appear in "Universal Idol".

SilenceAintAVirtue...bub

Back to top Go down

Post  Questionguy555 Tue May 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Dan and Joe are in every game.

In Ouendan, they have their own stage.
In Ouendan 2, they tell the Yuuhi town to retreat to the hill when the sun goes out.
In Elite Beat Agents, you can see them by failing the third section of Let's Dance. Dan and Joe appear to arrest Bob because of illegal tunnel digging.
Questionguy555
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty Tue May 31, 2011 8:42 pm

And I'm sure there may be one or two cameos in the first Ouendan multiplayer stages. I could find them later, but I'm almost certain the announcer is in the baseball one.
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  mrluigibear Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:21 pm

In jumpin' jack flash, all the EBA characters show up. But indirectly some. For example: the girl and her boyfriend in "believe" is there and max (ABC) is there too. But from survivior i only found the people that were "zombies" and the boss from the main character.
mrluigibear
mrluigibear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down