Elite Osu Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Elite Beat Agents Movie Project...

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Elite Beat Agents Movie Project... Empty An Elite Beat Agents Movie Project...

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Hello everyone. Now I want to say that yes I'm insane for coming up with an RIDICULOUS idea that is what's stated in the title, but hear me out...

Now, I know I've bad grammar (it's in the form of tense issues) but I'm going to be writing up the script to an Elite Beat Agents prequel set, of course, before the first game and it's going to be an entirely fan-fare movie created by the fans of the games for the fans of the games AND in music in general. My plan at this point is to tell how Agent J and Agent Spin got into the agency and how they got to be, while having Chieftain kinda serving as a mentor to the young agents (while being the bad-a that he is), Kahn being... Kahn, the Divas getting some screen time and the Ouendan team getting a cameo performing a cheering routine. Plotwise I have NO IDEA on where to go, other than our two inexperience agents getting some field time and a business man that wants to shut down the EBA due to lack of funding and lack of actual use to the people (basic saying if the agency doesn't get enough people for help, then bye-bye EBA!) I still need to figure out what I'm going to do for my soundtrack but once I get that done, I'm going to get to work on the script and then I'm going to go into search for my cast and crew.

Plus, I really want to have Reggie Fils-Aime (especially) and James Rolfe (questionable) on the project. Considering that Fils-Aime is a fan of Elite Beat Agents and seeing the Nerd in a weird scenario in this universe would be a funny thing to see, I think it'll be great to have some big names on this project but I can hold out on those until I get close to finishing pre-production.

OK, here's my list so far:

NOTE [Oct. 25, 2011]: Any song that has (OPEN) next to it means the song is free to create and (CLOSED) means the song is taken by someone (including me). AND GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I have gotten the soundtrack figured out and it's now time to figure out the scenarios (and also find some band members and singers)!

The Fan Soundtrack
01. “Beat It” by Fall Out Boy (feat. John Mayer) (Need a band first before we do a beatmap for this)
02. “Let’s Get Funky Tonight” by Dream Street (OPEN)
03. "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy (OPEN)
04. “Flirtin' with Disaster” by Molly Hatchet (OPEN)
05. “Cherokee Boogie” by BR5-49 (OPEN)
06. “Break Me” by the Irresponsibles (CLOSED)
07. “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw <= my sad song for this movie (OPEN)
08. "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival (OPEN)
09. "I Will Play for Gumbo" by Jimmy Buffutt (NOTE: this song that I have here is not the cover version I'm going with)
10. “Re-Education (Through Labor)” by Rise Against (OPEN)
11. "American Idiot (American Idiot musical version)" (OPEN)
12. "Walkie-Talkie Man" by Jason Paige
13. "Kick it Up a Notch" (CLOSED)

Promotional Music Videos
"Party in the CIA" by "Weird Al" Yankovic (For Agent Spin) (OPEN)
"The Message" by Nate James (For Agent J) (OPEN)
"Ready to Roll" by Jet Black Stare (For Agent Chieftain) (OPEN)
"So What?" by P!nk (For the Divas) (OPEN)

And that's it. I am working on getting a beatmap for Kick it Up a Notch, along with the beatmap for Break Me. I will need help in the creation of some of the beatmaps (including mine) and I would REALLY like to have some bands and singers on hand before we create some of these maps (since... well, the games FEATURE cover artists to get around copyright so I don't want to break away from the norm!)

Cast (CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING)
Commander Kahn -
Agent J -
Agent Spin -
Agent Chieftain -
Agent Treble (OC for the movie) -
Agent Flatt (OC for the movie) -
Agent Morris -
Agent Derek -
Agent Starr -
Agent Foxx -
Agent Missy -
... (more to come!)

Crew
Director -
Producer(s) -
Executive Producer(s) -
Screenwriters - Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Choreographer -
... (more positions will open up when I can think of them...)

---

If you want to help me out with this, I'm VERY GRATEFUL! I'm going to need all the help I can get for this! If you want a position for the crew that I don't have listed already, feel free to post it and I'll have you up here. And I'm open to suggestions as to what I can do for scenarios. Once I have them, then I can work on the script and then begin my general audition. Also I am done making changes to my soundtrack, so I won't make any changes upon dislike.

Last edited by Cory of PRIVATE Corp on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 7 times in total
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1821461/

Back to top Go down

An Elite Beat Agents Movie Project... Empty Re: An Elite Beat Agents Movie Project...

Post  SilenceAintAVirtue...bub Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:56 am

Hmm. I dunno know about this. Seems reminiscent of the EBA 2 project. https://eliteosuaddicts.forumotion.com/f4-elite-beat-agents-discussion

Off topic, Spin being a newb is understandable (BA-5) but J... I recall him being BA2. This prequel IS about how they became to be, though. Go introduce yourself to the others, too.

SilenceAintAVirtue...bub

Back to top Go down

An Elite Beat Agents Movie Project... Empty Re: An Elite Beat Agents Movie Project...

Post  Questionguy555 Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Well, if you ever need a grammar check for your script, a lot of people here are good with that. (Including me, even though I never use my knowledge.)

So, this is a prelude? It might be interesting.
Questionguy555
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

https://eliteosuaddicts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Who in the hoo-ha?!

A.....movie? o.o

I can kinda see this happening....but I don't see it being a whopping 2 and a half hours. Maybe, like, 30 minutes or an hour tops. But like it! Tell us if you need any help with, well, anything!
orochiwolf
orochiwolf

https://www.youtube.com/user/EliteBeatAgents2/

Back to top Go down

Post  SilenceAintAVirtue...bub Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:51 am

orochiwolf wrote:Who in the hoo-ha?!

A.....movie? o.o

I can kinda see this happening....but I don't see it being a whopping 2 and a half hours. Maybe, like, 30 minutes or an hour tops. But like it! Tell us if you need any help with, well, anything!

Of course it won't be 2 hrs.+, each mission takes only around five minutes on average. (LOL jk!)

Fine, I'll help if needed. We'll all help.

SilenceAintAVirtue...bub

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:31 pm

WOW! I'm amazed that people are replying to this. Yeah, I should have done an introduction to who I am, but I want to get some word in about the project. And it's great to get a big response. And well I'm still experimenting with the idea since this is, after all, a [b]FAN[/b] project and has no real connection to be part of canon unless we get some word from both Nintendo and iNiS.

To Orochiwolf, it's true that making a movie over two and half hours is a bit much, but I want to keep it at the regular limit to it being close to that "2 1/2" hour mark. The last thing I want to do is make this 3 hours long, but of course that's where editing comes into play and I can host a video to show off the deleted scenes. Of course I am going to try to squeeze in 14 songs into the movie, two of which are going to take up at least eight minutes of the credits. So the time limit for this movie is going to be somewhere in between 90 minutes and the "2 1/2" hour mark. So if you think about it, less than 20 minutes is going towards the final two songs (my take on the Rhombulans) and then less than 10 minutes to do the credits (including reacting the first mission of the game).

Goal time: +/- 2 hours

Next to SilenceAintAVirture... now think of it like this: basically I'm making this movie like a giant fan-fiction. I have the freedom to make the characters to however I want, as long as I make them who they are when we first get to play them. Now that may be true that J shouldn't be a newcomer, but think of this: he could have more talent than Spin when he joined the EBA and that talent helped him get high up in the rankings, despite a few failed mission. So I'm going with that logic for the time being, while I also have a plan in mind. And trust me on this, at least this is going to get off the ground...

And finally to Questionguy555... I can have you as my personal editor to the script once I finish it and have the official soundtrack ready to go... and of course I need bands to help me out on that.
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  Alink Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:48 am

Another project? Woah, I'd looooooooove to join this.

I could be a great Agent Spin since I'm the same skin tone.
I could also direct (I've made a few videos before), I can produce (Easy as pie), write scripts (I've written many many many stories and I've gotten a medal for writing some pretty great stories), and I choreograph (I've been in dances, I know Ouendan dances -see Elite Beat Agents 2: Stage 2, and I can make up choreography).

I can do a lot and I'm a fast learner and I can mulit-task ^_^

Heck, if we try hard enough, then you, me, and at least 1 other can finish this quickly

Also, I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, and some flute so if we ever need a cover or something like short intro or failed or a mission complete then I can do it
Alink
Alink

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Wow, I got someone on board! Now Alink, I'm going to have you set up to be my writer and you're going to help me come up with the scenarios and also helping me pick my songs. I got plans of doing 14 songs for the movie and 4 promotional songs that'll serve as the "bonus songs" (it's 18 songs, one song less than EBA's soundtrack, but this is a prequel so there's going to be less stuff). I am willing to give up some secrets to you and will host a casting once I'm done with this (since I'm aiming for a Hollywood-type quality of movie). Once I have things set in the script, I'll have you choose promotional video to do (the others will go to the major agents and the Divas). If you want I can speak to you privately about things and then we'll discuss where things go from there.

So until I get a soundtrack and a script set, you're an option. Are you part of the osu! site, because I got something there as well... the same thing to be precise.
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  SilenceAintAVirtue...bub Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:26 am

BUMP.

How's progress? I'm itching to see what's happening. I hope that we could see something SOONUnlike SOME PEOPLE'S works.

SilenceAintAVirtue...bub

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:11 pm

SilenceAintAVirtue...bub wrote:BUMP.

How's progress? I'm itching to see what's happening. I hope that we could see something SOONUnlike SOME PEOPLE'S works.

Progress is moving slowly. It's pretty much at a standstill because I don't have a soundtrack and when I do I'll discuss about the scenarios that I want to accomplish and then figure out the rest from there. I'll be willing to give you a better synopsis of the plot at the moment (while not revealing TOO MUCH. When this does get out of pre-production, people are going to browse around trying to learn more about it and saying too much will spoil the movie!) Things will change but here's what I got plan so far:

The very beginning of the movie we'll start off with the familiar Commander Kahn talking about the EBA and some of its goals before we go to the title and see Agents J and Spin before they join the agency. Anyway, our first song will be lead by Chieftain and his special team (Not Morris or Derek, but a few new characters made for this movie and I was thinking of "Beat It" but I have no idea at this point), and after tracking them down and persuading Chieftain, the duo become a part of the agency. At this point the agency is still new and is lacking the funding, which prompts people from Washington to come to the headquarters and warning everyone that the agency will close if they don't live up to their quota (OK, I think that's a bad way to describe it, but basically it's this: simply the agency isn't doing well since people aren't in trouble that often and the government views music isn't going to help solve all of the problems, which is the main reason why the agency thrives. Without people in need of help, the agency will lose its funding and it will close for good). With two new agents, with one being extraordinary gifted with the music sense (yeah I'm going to try to weave in "To Each a Tempo" into this), which might help save the agency from going under and will get them to be what Kahn as envision. Over the course of the movie, we will see some failures (aiming at 3), but mostly successful missions (half will be normal endings and the other half being good endings) and in the long run these strings of mission is providing an impact to the agency's reputation but not by much. The ending will be kept under wraps in terms of plot, but the first half will feature Chieftain and his team being the heroes and the second half will have all agents taking part in the song, starting with J then working in Morris, Derek, Spin and then the Divas and Chieftain.

At this point it's a long shot, but I am thinking of doing some ship teasing with J and Spin with some of the Divas, but at this point I don't have much to work with. Besides the scenarios, the central plot is all I got and I can't give away too much without spoiling everything! Hopefully I'll figure things out and get something working out before I worry about actual production.
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:24 am

Okay, I guess I should throw in my two cents... o_o

I know a bunch about video editing. I guess I can help with the technicalities of the project so you can spend more time doing the plot than worrying about the visual aspects of the movie. It doesn't take me very long to do things when I have the materials and stuff, but, yeah, if Alink is helping then I might as well. >_>
orochiwolf
orochiwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Cool, thanks Orochi (if you don't mind if I call you that)! I am thinking about editing in some of the beatmaps as sort of an "innovation" to the agents' arsenal (probably the reason why they have sunglasses in the first place, but it's a small thing and I won't be doing that often). It'll be good to have you on board for post-production since that's where the real magic occur and I have an idea of messing around with the first mission of the game where we will attempt to not only bring the scenario to life (by having Jane, Don and the kids interact with each other while the agents are dancing outside of the house) and I got the idea for the first part and the last part of the song (where Jane is trying to put Tommy the baby to sleep), she'll go through the three stages of Elite Beat, Beat and 50/X, while Don is trying to settle with the two other children to settle down. I got the idea that while the agents won't fall down, it'll go pass, fail, pass, pass to make sure the two stick together (and we get a cheap laugh out of the fail).

Also I want to ask this: where in the US is EBA Central going to be located? I don't want DC because that's too obvious. I was thinking something along the lines of Chicago, to give it more of that reference to the Blues Brothers, and I also got New York City, Memphis, Detroit (though it'll be a bad time at the moment), Los Angeles, Miami, and other candidates. Feel free to discuss as I really want to either settle down with Memphis or Chicago as the headquarters (in terms of location wise).
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  SilenceAintAVirtue...bub Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:12 am

I like the idea of there being a few failed missions.

I think it is, in fact, located in New York, according to Mission 15.

SilenceAintAVirtue...bub

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:41 am

Oh true. A real agency needs to have a few failed mission otherwise we're talking trouble here... of course we can't exactly fail the sad song because if we do... won't we feel bad for letting that happen? I guess we can play with the idea, probably projecting into the future to see what will happen if we fail that mission and then we go in and complete it. I was thinking of doing the same thing for the final fight, which will lead to all of the bad endings of (maybe) ALL games, ending up with the eye of the Rhombulans opening up.

... I really don't want to see the bad ending to "A Christmas Gift" if I want to do that. I feel bad failing a section of that song already (except for the first part).

And where in New York did you see that? Other than a portal opening up from the water (I'm guessing the channel), I don't see where the headquarters could be. Like I said this is up to discussions and I'll look it over to see where it could be in NYC.
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:04 pm

First I want to say I'm sorry for the double post, but I got something big to say:

OK, I would like to say to those who are reading this, I came up with a good overall plot to this: I want to make this as one giant F-U to not only the US government but the entertainment industry. Considering the recent talks about censoring the Internet and how this could ruin the chance of making this movie a reality, I was thinking that if I get my scenarios and written out, I will make a message saying "screw you! We have the rights to free speech, so there's no stopping us!" Plus the irony of this agency being a part of the government will make things rather interesting...

I don't know, but hey it's an idea. I didn't think of this before but if the Internet does get caught up, I'm making this movie and I'm simply telling them "F-U!" And I'm making this as a PG movie... songs about sex, potential violence and one take that to the government and entertainment industry? What is stopping me from doing so!?

Oh... right, life. Got that to worry about...
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  Alink Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:38 pm

I want to join but so far, there has been nothing productive going on. The sooner the better, you know.

I would love to write a script since I too, am for the idea of making this movie as a satire against the entertainment industry.
Alink
Alink

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:51 pm

That's good, and it's been rather quiet on part due to life and all. I still need my scenarios, but I do want to keep it as a government agency trying to get off the ground while playing to that take that letter. Still, I can't wait to have the final version in my hands and be hosting the auditions for this (along with getting a donation pool, which is something I need to look into...)

If you want to help with the script, I'll be happy to put your (real) name on it (CERTAINLY NOT IN PUBLIC, unless you want to use an alias like I use). All I want to do is write certain moments and all of Kahn's lines. Good God, I can come up with some GREAT MATERIAL for that man!
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  Alink Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:24 pm

I would love to do whatever I can. Like I said, I can dance, make song covers, write. I'm a man of many talents, bro.

I don't mind on names. I have like, 3 nicknames, 4 screen names, and two alias I use. You can put my alias or my real name, I don't mind. I just want to help out with everything I can.
Alink
Alink

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:08 am

Well if you want to help, do you mind sending me a preview of what you can do?
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  Alink Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Alink
Alink

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Already saw that and have it on my hard drive to watch multiple times off line. Is it possible if I can ask for something about your singing?
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  Alink Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:27 pm

If you're going to ask about my singing skills then here's a video showing what I can do without trying. I can do a little better but I'm not really a singer, I'm more of a bass person but I do play guitar as you can see. The most I can do for vocal skills are quiet harmonies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVYv7BhSFn8

If you're talking about the grunts and stuff and the intro count then I'm saying that I can do waaaaaay better with that. I've got a better set up and I now has more enthusiam for my stuff.

If your question about my singing was none of those then ask away, my friend!
Alink
Alink

Back to top Go down

Post  orochiwolf Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:21 am

Yes, Alink.....

I believe ALL of us have a question about your singing......
orochiwolf
orochiwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory of PRIVATE Corp Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:20 pm

I agree... though if he does play bass then that means I have a member for a band that'll help out in the covers (that is if we or I can find other people to do this).

Still, at least this is turning out well and I'm liking what I'm seeing. Now the thing is... what I surprised about this is that I have written two stories that deal with several different scenarios tied together with an overall plot and what I have here is I'm struggling to come up with several for this. Granted I have the songs but I don't have anything to go with those songs with the exception of a few (Working for the Weekend, Break Me, My Little Girl and the last four songs). Really I'm amazed that someone like me can't come up with scenarios for something like this when I said that this like a moving fan-fiction... of course I realize that the writing for this is different from writing a book online for people to read.

Hey, at least I'm good with writing dialogue (I LOVE writing Kahn's lines). If I can get another writer on board that'll ease up my work load and will cut time, but that does mean we need to have the same view points and see things to how I envision it and also have the final product to be good and entertaining.

Also should I get a site up along with a donation pool? And so, is it all right to have a story on Blistered Thumbs, Screw Attack and/or Nintendo Power about this to help get the word out about the project?
Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Cory of PRIVATE Corp

Back to top Go down

Post  Alink Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oPBeik48OY

There's a video of me showing off my bass skills.

Like I said, I know how to write.

Also, if you want to get the word out by big companies like Nintendo Power or Screw Attack then you'll need to have a lot of money to advertise. Your best bet is to get random donations by pay pal and hope people would invest but even that's a high risk in itself.
Alink
Alink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next