Elite Osu Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend rhythm games.

+2
Honoka_Kawai
Questionguy555
6 posters

Go down

Recommend rhythm games. Empty Recommend rhythm games.

Post  Questionguy555 Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:25 am

Besides EBA and Ouendan, I also play Rhythm Heaven....what, were you expecting something more unknown? Too bad! Oh, and Donkey Konga.
Questionguy555
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

https://eliteosuaddicts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Recommend rhythm games. Empty Re: Recommend rhythm games.

Post  Honoka_Kawai Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Well, There's also the more well known DDR which is great fun. DJ Hero is pretty decent to0!
Honoka_Kawai
Honoka_Kawai

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 pm

And on the obscure side of things, Gitaroo Man (it is an iNiS game, after all,) and Kira Kira Music Hour/Night. Those games pretty much convinced me to try and find the dolls.
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  plushietoon Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Taiko no Tatusjin, Taiko no Tatsujin!

Those little taikos are so cute! X3 But hey, they do have some pretty difficult songs like the 3000 series. May I also note that they share some songs with Ouendan and EBA as well.
plushietoon
plushietoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Questionguy555 Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:15 pm

New optional rule: Adding a little bit of detail would be best.

The Space Channel 5 games for the Dreamcast. It's where you copy people's moves, which, similar to EBA/Ouendan, is a LOT more fun than it sounds. Space Channel 5 part 2 is available in Japan only, but you can get Space Channel 5 Special Edition for PS2, (released in North America and Europe) which contains both the original and part 2 in English. Both are pretty hard to beat, but short even for a decent rhythm game. (Part 1 has VERY strict timing that takes a while to get the hang of. Part 2 is much easier and longer, but some bonus points are nearly impossible to get.) Although there are a few levels, chances are you might spend a while getting past them or achieving 100%. You can get the Special Edition at Amazon new for about $15 or used for about $5.
Questionguy555
Questionguy555
Commander (Admin)

https://eliteosuaddicts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:33 am

I second Space Channel 5 so much... even though I've never played it the console version (I played the horrid GBA port haha). It's such a groovy game! I believe Space Channel 5 Part 2 was released on whatever it is Xbox calls their version of Virtual Console, but don't quote me on that.

I'm addicted to the GBA version of Rhythm Tengoku as well -- brought to you by the company who made WarioWare! So it's kinda similar to that with all its minigames, and if you've played WarioWare you'll see the similarities. It's Japan only and kinda old, but since Nintendo handhelds are region free... I'm guessing DS Rhythm Heaven is similar, but GBA Tengoku is fun and quirky... and it has the best song ever.

Maybe the Rockband and Guitar Hero franchises are kinda dark horses in the rhythm game world, but I can certainly say Rockband 2 was still pretty fun. And 3, but I only played that once.

A lot of us might know this, but I'll still throw Osu! out there -- essentially Ouendan/EBA for the PC. But it's a different experience, playing with the mouse/tablet... (and I find it veeeeeeeeerry difficult to play these newer beatmaps as a left-handed tablet user (who has to cross her arms or move the keyboard quite a bit if she wants to try the tablet and Z+X technique...) /sob. But you still might find me in high scores for some of the older ranked maps! XD)

And for DDR, there's Stepmania, played with the keyboard. Thus, some stepcharts are pretty much impossible to play traditionally (with a dancepad).
Taru Rui
Taru Rui

Back to top Go down

Post  Honoka_Kawai Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:55 am

Man, I forgot about Osu! and Stepmania...might give that a download now actually...

Anyways, Another great rhythm game was 'Draglade' on DS. It was like a rhythm fighting game that was really well done in my opinion. VERY rare though.
Honoka_Kawai
Honoka_Kawai

Back to top Go down

Post  Taru Rui Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:51 pm

I found out that Space Channel 5 Part 2 is out on Steam for only $9. It can also come in a Sega Bundle with Sonic Adventure and some other games I don't recall, it's about $30 for like 4 games I think.

Also, acquired Rhythm Heaven about a week ago, seriouuuuusly addicted. Especially to Lockstep. I think I might be able to perfect run that level in my sleep at this point.

...But I don't have any new games to recommend that haven't been mentioned already. I mean, I guess I could say I have Donkey Konga 2, but that game got old really fast for some reason. My friends and I always found ourselves amused though by screaming at the bongos in place of the clap streams and the extra-happy cover of Shiny Happy People.

Also, DDR Hottest Party 1 and 2 (wish I had 3) for the Wii. 2 is definitely better than 1, but 1 isn't too bad. I'm too used to having my game set on 1.5x though to go back to 1, which didn't have modifiers that I can remember besides turning off the 'mote shaking...
The DDR Supernova (Xbox) series, I'm told, is better mapped. But I can't really say, I've never played Supernova myself.

Oh, wait, I just thought of something. Well, a lot of people seem to revile at the idea of actual dancing games (DDR never counts), but Dance Central (Xbox), Just Dance 1 and 2 (Wii) -- I played these at friends' houses and I had fun with all of them. Nice workout too. Sensors can get a bit frustrating sometimes for both games.
The nice thing about Just Dance is that you can have 4 people all dancing simultaneously (there are even some partnered dances, though they don't require actual contact with your partner), but it's hard to find space for that. I got stuck in the back and I'm short... so half the time I couldn't see the choreography.
Dance Central on the other hand forces you to take turns dancing. It does have difficulty settings, which I'm not sure Just Dance has -- there's Easy, Medium, and Hard choreography for all songs.

Yet, Dance Central's choreography is all hip-hop and pop, Just Dance throws in a bit of other types there (heh, Bollywood, and Rasputin has you taking a page out of Dschingis Khan's dance book. By the way, Rasputin is scary when the person dancing it is at least 6'2") ... but it's still a lot of hip-hop and pop. They're not hard to pick up, though, so if you're like me, who loves to dance but isn't a dancer...

Oh and hey, what about Audiosurf?? I only played a demo of it but it seems like an interesting game! It's not really so much a rhythm game than it is a game that uses your music, though... there's another game that I think does something similar but with a shoot 'em up game (ala Touhou and Space Invaders), but I don't know its name or the details.
Taru Rui
Taru Rui

Back to top Go down

Post  KesselKitty Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Oh yeah! I've tried Jubeat on the iPad and it was pretty fun. Nice tapping game with tons of songs (like Kibun Joujou!) And although I've never played DJ Max Technika, there is a flash game similar to it called DJ Maniacs. It's a bit processor-heavy, though.

NINJA EDIT: Oh yeah, and that shooting music game is called Beat Hazard. I just happen to have it, and it's really pretty~ It's more an arena shooter with score as experience points, though.
KesselKitty
KesselKitty
Commander (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  skysamfreeman Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Rock Band/Guitar Hero mainly. Although I do occasionally play DDR.

skysamfreeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down